Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baby Bat's Happy Birthday

When I was about 5 I would go to my grandma's everyday with my mom. She lived far in the forest and was surronded by birds and bats. It was spring so all the baby bats were flying around trying to keep fron getting eaten.

It was late at night so we were on our way home driving through the long winding roads when my mom slammed on the brakes!!!!
"Look a baby bat with a broken wing!!!!" my shouted she grabbed a box and ran out of the car to get the bat. Then she brought the bat back into the car
"Here Lilly hold on to the bat we will take it over to zoo america tomorrow!"

The next day my mom got on the phone with Zoo America and made argments to bring the bat over
"Mommy I love this bat! I will name him Carl and keep him safe until we take him to Zoo America!"
The bat was obviously terrified by the fact a 5 year old girl was playing with him.
Around two o'clock we drove down to Zoo America. We didn't know where to go so we walked in to the gift shop to give away the bat. We waited there for about and hour when the manager came up.
"HI!! Your the ones with the bat right? Well say your good byes and the hand the bat over to me!"


My mom put the bat on the ground and said say your you good byes hunny we have to give carl away!!

So I did the most honorable thing a 5 year old could do I sang happy birthday
So I was the 5 year old girl singing happy birthday in Zoo  America :)

No comments:

Post a Comment